Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VGN-AR71M Special keys (S1-S2-FN-Mute-(Volume+) - (Volume-)-Open/Close Disc-Led from CapsLock and others)

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
mpakis
Visitor

Sony Vaio VGN-AR71M Special keys (S1-S2-FN-Mute-(Volume+) - (Volume-)-Open/Close Disc-Led from CapsLock and others)

Hi everybody. i fix my laptop sony vaio vgn ar71m with windows 7.all works good.only special keys doesen't work. I installed several times the original settings but not working.plz help me!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mpakis,

These things are controlled by the Sony Utilities.  Have you reinstalled the necessary drivers and utilities?  These must be reinstalled if you change the operating system.

You can download the Vista Preinstalled Utilities from here under the "Preinstalled ..." Tab.  There are none available for Windows 7 but the Vista Utilities should work OK.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi mpakis,

These things are controlled by the Sony Utilities.  Have you reinstalled the necessary drivers and utilities?  These must be reinstalled if you change the operating system.

You can download the Vista Preinstalled Utilities from here under the "Preinstalled ..." Tab.  There are none available for Windows 7 but the Vista Utilities should work OK.

:thinking:

profile.country.el_GR.title
mpakis
Visitor

Thanks for answer Blencogo

I installed the Windows 7 3 times and programs as well. again thebuttons are not working .. except FN buttons working properly.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi mpakis,

Have you installed the Vista SFEP driver?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-AR71M/updates

As you have installed your own OS this needs installing (from within Device Manager) prior to installing the necessary utilities. You may very well find this device listed as ‘unknown or drivers not installed’.

If this is the case download and install the SFEP driver using ‘Have Disk’ method.

Extract the files from the installation package to a known location.

Click Start > Control Panel.

Double click Device Manager.

Right click the device and select Properties

Click the Driver tab.

Click Update Driver.

Click Browse my computer for driver software.

Click Let me pick from a list...

Click Have Disk....

Click Browse and navigate to the folder where you placed the extracted files.

Click OK.

Click Next.

Click Finish.

Reboot your system if requested.

You may then need to re-install the utilities.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat