Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio Screen Problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Penelopybluebell
Visitor

Sony Vaio Screen Problem

Hi

I am using Windows Vista and using model Vaio PCG7164M. I have tried the premium rate number but it doesn't seem to work using my Skype phone.

Several weeks ago a green spider' appeared at the top of my screen. I was using the computer without a problem the night before, and this appeared simply when I opened the screen. There had been no accident to the laptop. Gradually it almost vanished but in certain light I could always see what looked like a crack running past midway on my screen. A couple of times a horizontal light green line appeared and then the lower part would flash and flicker. This went away after half an hour or so, as if it was settling down.

Last night the 'spider' was almost gone. Today I opened my laptop and it is treble the size. It now extends down about 10cm, along the line of the 'crack' and is about 2cm wide at the top and reduces as it goes downwards, to just a few spidery marks either side of the 'crack', which itself has divided in 2. At the end of the spider marks are some vertical lines in red and green, as if one was drawing rain on a picture with a pencil.

I just took a screen print to show you, but the mark does not appear on the image.

I am technophobic, so if you can help, please can you put in simple steps? I am in a country where I don't speak the language well and I am terrified of having to go to the computer shop without knowing what I can do for myself, or even what the problem is.

Is this a resolvable problem?

Many thanks for any help.

Tags (4)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Penelopybluebell and welcome.

Sadly, it sounds like your screen is damaged and will need a repair.  Possibly a replacement screen.

Can you tell us how old your Vaio is?

Which country did you buy it in?

Are you in the UK at the moment?

Can you give us the full, correct model - you will find the correct model on the screen surround?  It will be something like VGN-CS****

The premium rate telephone number will probably not work on Skype - you may need a landline.  Give us the details asked for above first.