Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio PCG-Z Series Recovery Disc Problems

krisslater
Visitor

Sony Vaio PCG-Z Series Recovery Disc Problems

Hi All

I have a Sony Vaio PCG-Z1RMP and I am trying to recover the system using the recovery disc that was supplied with the laptop when I purchased it. Unfortunately when I put the disc into the laptop it appears to be blank! I'm not sure how this has happened because I have used the disc before and it worked perfectly.

I tried following Sony's advice of starting the recovery program (using F10 at system start) but this didn't work either, I don't think I have a recovery partition on my laptop.

Can anyone offer any advice in order for me to move forward? Or maybe I could get a copy of the recovery disc?

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Kris

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

It may be worth buying a copy of Acronis True Image which will let you create a exact 'Mirror' of your drives on your Vaio and save it to a Recovery Partition or an external drive.

You can also make a Recovery Partition which will boot the Vaio and reload from an external drive.

:wink:

krisslater
Visitor

Thanks for all your help. I also spoke to Sony direct and they advised that I would need a new recovery disc but wanted to charge me £38.50 for the privilege!