Join now - be part of our community!

Screen breaking on a Vaio Z without any overload or other misuse of any kind!

profile.country.da_DK.title
Morten_Bundgaard
Visitor

Screen breaking on a Vaio Z without any overload or other misuse of any kind!

Now my screen just broke again on my Vaio Z!! For the second time in 5 months.

I already know what the bill is going to be.. 1000USD for a new one!!

Why does it breake so easy? i really take care of my vaio because they have a reputation of very fragile screens, but shouldent a 4000 USD PC have the abillity to be used on a normal level?

This is really pissing me of badly...

Morten

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Morten,

Sorry to hear avout your Vaio.

Considering just how thin the screen is, we get surprisingly few reports of screen breakages.

I presume it happened while transporting it - what do you carry it in when on the move?

:thinking:

profile.country.da_DK.title
Morten_Bundgaard
Visitor

Yes it is sad that the screen is breaking so easy.

Last time i got the vaio Z screen repaired the nice lady told me that the screens especially on the Vaio Z is a very weak screen, and that numerous screens had been replaced at that time, but she could not give me that in writing. I asked if Sony had adressed the problem since it is a high end computer aimed at professional super users, but she could not see that any action to fix the problem was initiated.

Since the last replacement, i have if transported been carrying the Vaio in a thick padded neoprene case, and then again in a special padded compartment in my workbag. when i use it it normally sits in a docking station. I know the screen is thin, but perhaps it has gotten a little bit to thin.

Besides that i love the machine, and that makes it even more sad that i have to spend thousands of dollars to keep it going.

Morten