Join now - be part of our community!

S Video Port

andrew.moss
Visitor

S Video Port

The S Video port on my Sony Vaio VGC-LN1M doesn't seem to be working in conjunction with my TV.

I've bought two S Video to SCART adapters now and neither work. I can get the sound to output to my TV when I plug the red and yellow audio jacks into the SCART adapter in my TV to the headphone jack of my PC. So that proves there is nothing wrong with the SCART adapter or the SCART port of my TV. The problem lies either with both of the S Video cables I've tried or the S Video port, most likely on my PC because I have two on my TV and I've tried both to no avail. The very first time I inserted the S Video cable into the PC I couldn't get it to work. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the S Video port on the outside and the connector pins on both cables were not bent. I'm just wondering what I can do to test whether the S Video ports aren't working, is there any software available which can do this? And could a diagnostics test detect whether the S Video port is working?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Andrew and welcome to Club Vaio.

I think if you look closely at the specifications of the LN1M, the S-Video and AV ports are part of the TV Tuner Card and are inputs only.

Specifications VGC-LN1M

I may be mistaken but there does not appear to be any video output, not even VGA - everything is an input, including the HDMI, to use the LN-Series screen as a monitor for other equipment.

The model does not seem to have been designed to output to another display. I think this has always been the case with all Sony 'All-In-Ones'.

Perhaps someone else with a LN-Series can confirm this.

:thinking:

andrew.moss
Visitor

Ok, thank you.

The big problem though remains with the lack of detection. I go into the NVIDIA display settings and click on that setting called something like "click here if your secondary TV is not detected", and unfortunately my TV does not show up. That is understandable if it doesn't input to a TV. However, how can I view the TV signal on my PC coming from the S Video connection?