Join now - be part of our community!

Ripping CD Problems!

profile.country.GB.title
twistedmetal44
Explorer

Ripping CD Problems!

Hi guys I have an eight month old Vaio FE21M and so far it's been an excellent laptop but I noticed the other day that the dvd drive (DW-G520A) is making a really loud and alarming reverberating noise whilst it rips my cd's to the point of it shaking my whole laptop. It appears to rip them fine although sometimes it has to spin down and spin up again to continue ripping which, in turn makes my system freeze for about 10 seconds. This is annoying in itself but im more concerned about the drive, it appears to read and write CD's and DVD's fine and it only happens when im ripping cd's. I tried uninstalling the drive from device manager and then rebooting so it reinstalled the drivers but it still does it.

Can anyone please help at all? it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Sam

4 REPLIES 4
apierc1
Visitor

Not sure this will help, but i also have an FE21M and my drive often also makes a loud noise when ripping cds, I don't know if it's maybe just the unit model or if it is a problem, but I haven't had any problems with the rip quality.

Andy

profile.country.GB.title
twistedmetal44
Explorer

Its just it never used to do it and just seems odd that it would suddenly start to. I will just have to put up with it I suppose thanks anyway i guess it can't be a fault if yours does it aswell?

apierc1
Visitor

You could make a case with e-support or phone Vaio-Link, the worst they can do is tell you it's not faulty :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
twistedmetal44
Explorer

That is a good point actually i may just do that. Thanks for your help