Join now - be part of our community!

Repair

profile.country.en_GB.title
jobutle66
Visitor

Repair

Please help I am trying to find a number to contact sony uk about getting a price to repair a notebook hinge out of warrenty, the only number I can find is 35p per min.Any ideas the best wayto contact them as there website is so confusing

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
pachapm36
Visitor

Please help I am trying to find a number to contact sony uk about getting a price to repair a  notebook hinge out of warrenty, the only number I can find is 35p per min.Any ideas the best wayto contact them as there website is so confusing

Yes it does cost you. Try 0870 240 2408 and the call charges as I did. So make sure you have all details to hand to cut the toll call time to the least cost. For instance; Model, serial number, description of fault. Then Sony will send at your request via DHL a cardboard box, the delivery person waits for you to pack the notebook inside and he puts a sticker on the computer packaging addressed to the repair agent. Then he takes the notebook away. A couple of days later the repair agent will phone you with the cost of the repair and ask your permission to repair or send it back as is (it may be cheaper and better to scrap it and buy a new one).

Please make sure you have backed up all your data and settings before sending the computer for repair as testing may remove your data. (My computer was totally refurbished and "as new")