Join now - be part of our community!

Recurring Disk & Registry errors & disk cleaner errors

profile.country.en_GB.title
neiince
Visitor

Recurring Disk & Registry errors & disk cleaner errors

Hello Sony Community

Can any one help or put my mind at rest ?

Vaio Model : VPCSE1L1E .... purchased it a month ago-ish.

Problem(s) ? :-

Disk & Registry defragmenter errors & disk cleaner errors keep returning after using 'fix all' in vaio care performance window to clear them .... 'Fix All' seemingly fixes the errors since it shows the ticks..... disk errors esp. accumulate to hundreds within a matter of hours or a day ..... registry errors always seem to be 38 for some reason when they return. I was not getting any performance errors for first couple of weeks. I had dl'd an application program which I've uninstalled but no change.... seems something is wrong ? I do notice a 'Iolo System Mechanic' tool run during boot up of windows following a 'fix all' .... I assume thats normal ? Considering I'm mainly surfing the net the errors seem too many  for this short period of time ?

Hope you can help or put my mind at rest ?

Neil Ince

Message was edited by: neiince

Message was edited by: neil ince

2 REPLIES 2
nikkilim
Visitor

Hi. Sorry to hear that bro. That's too much of a new laptop to bet getting errors like that.

Try doing a system restore to an earlier date where it worked fine. http://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

neiince
Visitor

Cheers Nikkilim ....seems to have solved my defrag problems !!

Though now I have an install problem with media gallery  .... some install application data missing ..... not where its supposed to be ...... even though vaio care reported it installed successfully but get windows configuration window appearing every now and then trying to install it.

Thanks anyway ..... much better than it was !!!

EDIT !!!!! .....DAMN ....THE PROBLEMS ARE STILL THERE !!!

These errors showed up after I did 'Vaio Status' checks ( located at top of Vaio Care window ) ..... so when I did Vaio Status checks after I system restored ( to the earliest one listed by the way ....over 2 weeks ago ) and the errors didn't show I assumed my problems were sorted ! .......

However it was when I clicked on the Performance button in the Vaio Care window and noticed the date of the last Performance status check was the system restore date I clicked the status check button located under Performance heading ... This is when the errors showed !!! ....177 ish disk errors and 100+ registry errors ! .....Did a 'Fix All' which showed the ticks to indicate the errors were solved ..... Did another Performance status check to confirm this which showed errors again but not as many but with the statement that 'this issue has been already been reviewed' for both disk and registry errors.  I thought these particular errors were ones which the Iolo System Mechanic solves on re-boot so I rebooted and Iolo SM did its thing ( I hope ) then did another performance status check which showed errors ? disk and 39 registry ....another 'Fix all'  another re-boot and and another Performance check etc .......I currently have 20 disk and 5 registry with ' this issue was already reviewed ' statements for each tick.

Just done a fix all ...ticks ... Performance check 15 disk errors 5 registry ....fix all ....ticks .....fix all ...the same 15 disk and 5 registry !!! ..... I'll do another re-boot ! ....

Two things I should add ....1.) the Performance status date & time stay at 3rd of March 1846 hrs ... it hasn't updated ! ...I did vaio status checks on the 3rd after system restore but no performance checks ! ... I only did performance checks today the 4th March ! ...2.) I have these other errors listed on the performance window that the 'fix all' doesn't solve ... Total application failures last month 176 .....two months ago ...39 !! ( I don't think I had my NEW computer two months ago ! )

Now the re-boot .....

Down to 13 disk errors and 5 registry errors but cannot get it any lower !!! ..... I'm wondering if the boot 'compact and defrag' process is working since after the 10 sec countdown windows finishes booting up ...if it is working the process lasts a matter of a second or so ... if that ...and it doesn't reduce these residual errors .... the errors that are stated as having already been reviewed !

Message was edited by: Neil Ince