Join now - be part of our community!

recovery disc corrupted

elecman007
Visitor

recovery disc corrupted

My recovery discs are corrupted - how do i get replacement?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi elecman007,

You can order a set of recovery media from Vaio Link. Click on the Support tab at the top of this page and then select ‘Get in Touch’.

Depending on your model you may be able to create another set of recovery disks from the recovery partition using Vaio Recovery Center, or restore your machine from the HDD recovery partition by tapping F10 at boot (when you see the Vaio logo).

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
elecman007
Visitor

Thanks for the input but this was not possible - the recovery info was corrupted by a virus or trogan which was then copied onto the discs. In the end I had to format the hard drive and load Windows back on. I then downloaded the drivers off the recovery discs and got the laptop running. I have one small issue left to be addressed. The original mouse software will not load up properly -i have the usb mouse clashing with the other 2 - one mouse pad and one mouse stick in the keyboard. I want to use the pad but disable the stick as has seized through lack of use. But i cannot seem to activate it - any thoughts?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

i have the usb mouse clashing with the other 2 - one mouse pad and one mouse stick in the keyboard. I want to use the pad but disable the stick as has seized through lack of use

I’m not entirely certain what you mean by ‘mouse stick’, but if you provide your model number then all may become clear.

In the mean time open Device Manager and make sure that, under mice and other pointing devices, you have a pointing device listed (possibly Alps or Synaptics) as opposed to a PS/2 compatible mouse. If you do have a PS/2 compatible mouse listed then again we will need to know the model and operating system to be able to advise you further...

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat