Join now - be part of our community!

Problems with my Notebook

Troubles-Maker
Visitor

Problems with my Notebook

Hello Guys,

I am having two problems which I would be grateful to anyone could help me with

The first problem is that sometimes a blue screen appears with some codes on it and then the laptop restarts. I actually noticed that this happens every time I try to connect to my university wireless network, and it usually happens while I am surfing the internet at home.

The second problem, which has just happened, is that despite being connected to the wireless network at home, I cannot do any internet activities such surfing and instant messaging but my internet security software is able to download the updates. I checked the settings of the firewall and they were OK, tried to restore the system but it failed

My laptop model is VGN FS-415B

Thank you in advance

Kind Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Troubles-Maker
Visitor

No idea ?????

Gazza90
Visitor

Silly questions but have you checked the security levels on Internet Options e.t.c...

Deffo a hard drive problem with the blue screen and numbers...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You need to see the error codes on the blue screen.

To do this, turn off the 'automatic restart' feature.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

2. Click the Advanced tab.

3. Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.

4. Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.

5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

You will now be able to read the blue screen which may give you an idea of what is causing the problem - it is usually a driver problem.

:wink: