Join now - be part of our community!

Problems after Re-install

Kenji87
Visitor

Problems after Re-install

Hi there!

I have a Vaio Fz11s. Very nice and beautiful notebook :smileyhappy:. But when i re-installed vista (with the dvd of vista which was deliverd with my notebook) i have a few problems.

1. My soundpanel (Silver part of he notebook) isn't working as how it was before. First when i pushed at harder or lower then i saw a window which view me if it was going harder or lower.

2. Not all of my FN-keys are working. The FN-key for screenbrightness is not working and the others aren't working either.

3. In windows Vista it is possible to view all your open screens after each other (see picture). But this function is not available now. I have the windows vista Home premium edition.

Sorry for my bad english. Could someone please help me?

Thanks!
Bye

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

(with the dvd of vista which was deliverd with my notebook)

Hi Kenji87,

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

I think the disc that was supplied with your Vaio is a MS Vista upgrade disc..?

If you want to restore your Vaio back to the original factory Vista OS and pre-installed application, simply restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F10 key repeatedly this should start the recovery process.. :wink:

If however you want to keep your current Vista set-up you will need to download and install the pre-installed drivers and utilities from here

Kenji87
Visitor

oke thanks, but if i do that (press f10) do i also get all the free stuff back, because i re-installed my notebook because the vista which is pre-installed includes a lot of software i don't need.

Kenji87
Visitor

oke i have fixed the problem with my windows vista (problem 3) but the other 2 problems are still there. At the site of sony the say that there isn't any driver yet available.. do i need to call or mail the helpdesk, so they can send me a cd/dvd with the drivers and utilities?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Kenji87,

yes you will need to contact Vaio-Link to see if they will supply the drivers and Utilities for your FZ11S as they do not appear to be on the Sony FTP site either..

As to the F10 question, yes pressing F10 will restore your Vaio's pre-installed applications..

Kenji87
Visitor

oke thanks, then i will contact sony for a cd/dvd with the drivers and utilities. Because i don't want to have all those free stuff on my notebook again.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome.. :slight_smile:

Kenji87
Visitor

i have another question. Sometimes my camera won't work. I need to restart my notebook then if i want it to work. I also had this problem with the pre-installed vista.

Can i do something about this?