Join now - be part of our community!

No sound Audio Output Device Installed --- SVS1513C5E

profile.country.de_DE.title
RPieter0
Visitor

No sound Audio Output Device Installed --- SVS1513C5E

Hello,

Just opened my new Sony Vaio SVS15 notebook that I bought. Everything looked fine, only to find out that the sound is not working.

When I am on the desktop, in the bottom right corner the sound icon has a red cirkel with a white cross, and when hanging over it it says: No sound Audio Output Device Installed.

When I look into the device manager everything about sound looks ok (Audiocontroller). There is only one thing that has a yellow warning triangle with an exclamation mark in it: USB-If xHCI USB Host Controller. Has this something to do with the sound?

I already did a Windows update, and also I checked the Vaio Update for updates. Also I went to the website where I can download the preinstalled drivers for this notebook,... reinstalled them, but nothing. Sound is not working.

What to do next? Unbelievable this happens with a new notebook.

Thanks in advance! Pieter

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.sv_SE.title
fadubhai
New

Hi Pieter,

I have also received a new vaio two weeks before. I don't know, why your sound card is not working but “USB-If xHCI USB Host Controller” is no way related to sound. Because I also have the yellow exclamation sign for that one, but my sound card is working perfectly. I think there is some driver incompatibility with new Windows 8. You can just try a “Refresh” or “Reset” option of Windows 8. Sometime, it works. Thank you.

RPieter0
Visitor

Hello Fahad,

Thank you for your answer. Did you find a solution for the USB-If xHCI?

And what do you mean by Refresh/Reset option for Win8, this I do not know?

Thank you again for answering me : )

Pieter

RPieter0
Visitor

Hello everybody. I made a telephone call with the technical support. They analyzed it and tried some little things to fix it,... but at the end they recommended me to contact sales and ask for a brand new working one, which I did. This was not a problem.

So when you have a brand new notebook and the above 2 problems occur do not solve it, try to get a new one.

TheHaylio
New

Hi

I have recently had problems with my audio.

When i look at my volume control, there is a red x on the volume, and the message 'no audio device is installed'

In device manager it says Intel(R) Display Audio is there, but then when i go to sound drivers it says none are installed. I've also tried disabling, and uninstalling and then reinstalling but hasn't worked.

I have tried to reinstall the Intel driver, and also a realtek driver after reading online, but to no avail.

This may be coincidental but i also get this error message when i restart the laptop:

title: explorer.exe Application error
message: The instruction at 0x800b665d referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.

Click ok to terminate the program.

If someone could please get back to me to help me with this that would be great, as currently i have no sound on my laptop.

Best wishes