Join now - be part of our community!

New Win 10 Install on new SSD on Vaio SVP13 won't boot

New Win 10 Install on new SSD on Vaio SVP13 won't boot

I was getting constant BSOD on my Vaio so i decided to get a new M2 SSD and install win 10 on that. Win 10 seems to install fine but bios won't boot the new SSD and just brings me to the Vaio Care screen with a message that the operating system was not found. I'm guessing there's some security issue here with the device booting the SSD? Any help in getting the new SSD to boot would be apreciated!

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DK.title
alashou
Explorer

Hi

What brand SSD did you install? Samsung SSD is not recommended according to some users, if you search in forum.

I installed the Intel 530 180GB SSD, when i had the W 8,1 installed. Microsoft "forced" the W 10 upgrade, and i was lucky that i didn´t have any issues with it. After 3 months with no problem, i installed the SSD 1050GB Crucial MX300 (CT1050MX300SSD1) - ran i clean factory recovery, then upgraded directly from windows 8 to windows 10.

I did not have any boot problems with W10, but the systems hangs randomly. Tried to fix the issue with no luck.

So i did a new recovery, and i am now running W 8.1 for the second week with no problems.

Maybe i shouldn´t upgrade direclty form W8 to W10. According to vaio support, i should upgrade from 8.1 to W10 https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/support-info.pl?info_id=1619 .

When i have the time i will give W 10 another try

Kind regards

Allan