Join now - be part of our community!

My VGN-AR71S Is On Life Support

profile.country.GB.title
robinnavamanie
New

My VGN-AR71S Is On Life Support

I have a VGN-AR71S which is not even 18 months old but unfortunately out of warranty. I started having problems with the display last month.

Problem 1
Within about 15 minutes after starting the laptop, the screen starts going blank and then reappears with the following message: Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered. Soon after the first message, this will happen on a regular basis and then within the next 10 – 15 minutes it will end with a BSoD.

Problem 2
Soon after a shut down, the laptop will not immediately start. The power lights will be on but the display will not turn on. I noticed this problem within weeks after buying the laptop.

My Observation
It is strange the way the Display Driver message seems to appear. When the laptop downloads and applies Microsoft updates, this problem doesn’t occur. Even when I restored the system to factory settings, this problem didn’t occur. I thought the laptop is getting heated when it didn’t re-start immediately after a shut down. But this is not the case - at least from the outside. Can someone please help?

0 REPLIES 0