Join now - be part of our community!

Matshita dvd-ram uj-846S. HELP PLEASE

tonyrobertcook
Visitor

Matshita dvd-ram uj-846S. HELP PLEASE

I got LA1. The dvd drive (Matshita dvd-ram uj-846s) has stop working. In the Device Manager it says "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)"
I cannot find the drivers for it on the internet.
Can anyone help me please?

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tonyrobertcook and welcome to the forum.

First backup your registry, then:

1.Click Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter.

2. Navigate to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and locate UpperFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if available) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tonyrobertcook
Visitor

Thanks Rich, it worked!

I got a virtual drive that got the same problem. How do I fix that?

Thanks,
Tony

MattWilson
Visitor

Uninstalling and reinstalling the virtual drive should do the trick because the registry keys for that are likely to be in a different place and you really don't want to try and find them.

What virtual drive software are you using?

May i recommend Daemon Tools as i have never had a problem with there software and it is very good.

:slight_smile:

tonyrobertcook
Visitor

Thanks Matt, that worked.

I'm using Virtual CD V9

MattWilson
Visitor

Your welcome :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mitchykirky
Visitor

Rich912

Thank you so much, I have been trawling through every forum this side of Texas for the last 3 weeks looking for a cure to this problem and your instructions worked!

I have registered to this forum just so I could thank you!

Thank you

Mitchykirky

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Mitchykirby,

Your taking the trouble to say thank you is much appreciated:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat