Join now - be part of our community!

Laptop AR11B Repaired

highroyds
Visitor

Laptop AR11B Repaired

Hi,

After all the problems that I've had with trying to get Sony VAIO or the place of purchase to pay for the repair of the laptop, I decided to get the part myself (from america) and do the repair myself.

It only took 30min - 1 hour and a cost of £30 instead of having Sony VAIO take 2 or 3 weeks with a cost of nearly £200.

I've also found which part of the hinge broke, compaired with the new part you can see that its a very weak part that will snap.

But at least I now know where to get the parts from if I ever need to purchase again.

Thanks again for the help.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Well done!

davemee
Visitor

Yeah, well done!

For future reference... exactly which part of america did you get the parts from? Do you have a supplier name or URL? (I think this information would go down very well around here)

Cheers!

Dave

highroyds
Visitor

Yeah, well done!

For future reference... exactly which part of america did you get the parts from? Do you have a supplier name or URL? (I think this information would go down very well around here)

Cheers!

Dave

Hi,

Thanks for the "well done".

The place I got it from doesn't ship International, but I've got a friend who purchased the part/s for me and then sent them to me and I just paid them which turned out to be cheaper that actually purchasing from a shop that did send Internationally.

TCI Computer Parts Ebay

I just hope that Sony VAIO decide to make these hinges alot stronger or even make them out of actual metal than white metal as someone told me these are, as its very easy to break.