Join now - be part of our community!

keying probem in QuickWeb

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
BalladofRG
New

keying probem in QuickWeb

hello

I have a vaio VPCCB3P1E and I am having, I suppose to some, a minor problem. I have recently tried using the QuickWeb facility and I appear to have two problems I can't solve.

1) I cannot adjust the brightness-screen too bright

2) When I try to type an email address I find that when I press the @ key, I get " instead: when I press the " key, I get @. I suppose I just swap the keys as and when required ,however, is this normal in QuickWeb? In Windows mode, the @ key works normally.

If anyone has an idea how to fix these issuses then I would appreciate the help.

BalladofRG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi BalladofRG,

The Fn + F5/F6 brightness controls do not function when using the Splashtop Browser although the volume controls (F3/F4) do work.

The problem with the keys is probably that you have set Keyboard to English (US). Open Configuration Panel (bottom right), click Language and Keyboard and then under keyboard select English UK.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi BalladofRG,

The Fn + F5/F6 brightness controls do not function when using the Splashtop Browser although the volume controls (F3/F4) do work.

The problem with the keys is probably that you have set Keyboard to English (US). Open Configuration Panel (bottom right), click Language and Keyboard and then under keyboard select English UK.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
BalladofRG
New

Hello Rich 912

Thank you for your help, it was very much appreciated. I would like to have adjusted the brightness in the splashtop but the facility doesn't allow for it.

Your suggestion about the keyboard was spot-on, and I have obviously changed it to UK English .

I hope I have ticked the star correctly to give you the recognition you deserve.

Thank you for your time and solution .

BalladofRG

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome BalladofRG:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Lordlairdie
Visitor

I have the VPCSE1L1E with the same 'feature' Screen brightness in WEB mode is fixed too bright.

I have tried the suggestion without sucess.

Any further advice would be most welcome.

BalladofRG
New

Hello Lordlairdie

If you have read rich 912's response to my question on the issue, then I'm not sure I can really add much more.

What I will ask you, is if you found the configuration panel? When you are in the "splashdown browser" (found by pressing the QuickWeb button), at the bottom of the screen, on the right,  there is a cog-icon. Click on that cog-icon and the configuration panel should pop-up. Click on to "language and keyboard" option and it will leave you with the choice of language and keyboard. Select the language  English UK for your choice. Ok your selection.

If your issue is only to do with the brightness control, then I can only say that there is no solution for that issue,that I'm aware off. I agree, the brightness of the screen can be too glary and the only way to deal with it is to angle the screen to your best advantage. I find the QuickWeb useful, but lack of brightness control a hindrance.

I suspect that this response is not a great help to you.I'm of the opinion that there is not a control for the brightness in splashdown mode.

I apologize to you if your question was not related to the keyboard.

BalladofRG