Join now - be part of our community!

Keyboard backlight on Vaio SVE1713M1E​B

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

Keyboard backlight on Vaio SVE1713M1E​B

Considering that I removed Vaio Control Center from my SVE1713M1EB, is there any other way to turn off and on the keyboard backlight?

OS is Windows 8

Thanks in advance !

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Seigmund10,

You could probably change the keyboard status using windows registry editor but I wouldn't advise it..

Why did you remove Vaio Control Centre..:smileyconfused:

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

At first I thank you so much for your reply and I'd highly appreciate if you provide me with a step by step guide on how to do it with windows registry editor, no matter dangerous !!!

I removed Vaio Control Center for the following reasons:

1. The controls provided, or at least those I'm interested were also included into either Windows Control Panel or AMD Catalyst Control Center, apart from keyboard backlit which I found out when it was late !

2. I have replaced - upgraded the main hard disc drive with an SSD of quite limited space, therefore every single byte I could save is valuable, considering that it keeps on decreasing with every monthly windows update !

Hence I'm looking forward to your guide regarding keyboard backlit control through windows registry !

Many thanks again !

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

I've posted a request in Windows Community about that and I've got the following reply:

"Hardware functions cannot be controlled over the registry.  It is stored in the computer's motherboard."

Any more ideas?

Pleeeease !!!! 

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

siegmund10 wrote:

"Hardware functions cannot be controlled over the registry.  It is stored in the computer's motherboard."

Hmm well who am I to question anothers opinion..

probably best to install the Vaio Control Centre if you want to control the keyboards backlight on your Vaio..

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

At least is there any way to turn it off permanently?
profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

Considering that I received a message from Sony asking me if my issue has been resolved, I need to point out that the answer is NO !!!

I can't accept as a solution that the only way to turn off or on keyboard backlit is by re-installing "Vaio Control Center" software.

I wouldn't mind if this thread remains without an answer until someone who knows how to is found !