Join now - be part of our community!

How to solve Sony Visual Communication Camera compatability problem w. win 7

profile.country.sv_SE.title
abrafax
Visitor

How to solve Sony Visual Communication Camera compatability problem w. win 7

Hi!

I have a quite old lap top, sony vaio vgn-ar41l, and I have upgraded the system from "win vista x86" to "win 7 x86".

In my new system i cant find my "Sony Visual Communication Camera VCC6" in the device manager. I also cant install any drivers to make it work, even though I have tried to install them in vista compatability mode.

I think the camera device for sony vaio ar41l is called Sony Visual Communication Camera VCC6, as mentioned above.

Does anyone know a solution?

-stay tender

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have you carried out an 'Upgrade' or a 'Clean Install' of Windows 7.

The original Camera driver works OK with Windows 7 but you will find that Windows 7 tries to install a generic USB camera driver and this will not work.

Download the Original Drivers Package from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-AR41L

Extract the files and look in the Camera Driver folder.  Run DPInst32.exe to install the driver.

Download the Original Utilities Package from the same place and extract the files.  Install the Camera Utility and the Camera Capture Utility.

:wink:

hello  i own sony vpceh laptop and my webcam problem is that whenever i turn it on, the green light besides the webcam glows but i cannot see the image. i dont know what is wrong. is that the internal hardrware fault or software??? please help. i have to attend online conference time and again and this problem is making me crazy