Join now - be part of our community!

How to re install Sony Applications on my VAIO VPCF12M0E/B Laptop

profile.country.en_GB.title
Middleleaze
Visitor

How to re install Sony Applications on my VAIO VPCF12M0E/B Laptop

Due to a hard drive failure it has been necessary for me to re-install my Windows 7 64 bit operating system.  This process went well but I cannot install the original Sony applications because I do not have access to the software.  Can anyone please suggest how I can solve this problem?

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Middlelease,

If you had used your recovery disks then all the original programs, utilities and drivers would have been reinstalled, so I assume that you have used a retail copy of Windows 7.

Utilities and drivers can be downloaded from the Support site but the pre-installed programs are not available.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCF12M0E_B/updates

If you did not create your recovery media then the disks can be purchased from Support but it will be necessary to recover the system once again in order to reinstate these applications.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Middleleaze
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I am very grateful for your prompt and helpful response.  I shall download the drivers from the URL that you provided and will contact Support about the applications.

Your comments about the recovery disk are, of course, absolutely correct.  I did in fact create just such a disk but it was only when I tried to use it that I found out that it was corrupted!!  I should have tested it :>( before having to use it.

Chevalier.

Message was edited by: Middleleaze

Message was edited by: Middleleaze

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome Chevalier.

As a matter of interest did you recieve an error message when attempting to use the recovery disks, or did they fail to load or fail part way through recovery?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Middleleaze
Visitor

The recovery process started but then part way through it ceased with a message about corruption.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chevalier,

Just occasionally burning a copy of recovery disks can rectify corruption problems. No guarantees but for the cost of a few blank DVD’s it may be worth a try.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Middleleaze
Visitor

Hi Rich,

That was a great suggestion which, unfortunately, did not resolve the corruption problem.

Many thanks for trying to help.

Chevalier

Middleleaze
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I have made several unsuccessful attempts to contact Support to purchase the original Sony software so perhaps I am using the wrong email address/phone.  Can you please tell me the best email/phone to get this software?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Chevalier,

If your notebook is out of warranty the number for UK customers is 0905 0310006 (premium rate £0.35/min).  If still in warranty call 0870 240 2408 (Fixed: 0.08£/min).

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Rich 

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Middleleaze
Visitor

Many thanks Rich.  My laptop is out of warranty so I shall try the first number you provided.

Cheers,

Chevalier