Join now - be part of our community!

How do i copy a dvd on my vaio VGN-NW20EF?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Chucklede
Visitor

How do i copy a dvd on my vaio VGN-NW20EF?

How do i copy a DVD movie onto a blank dvd disc using a sony vaio VGN-NW20EF?  Anyone??????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.de_BE.title
stephanius
Visitor

Any DVD writing software will be able to make a copy or an image of a DVD . I personally like to use 'imgburn' which is free and does the job.

I suspect that the problem in your case is that the DVD movie is copy protected and you are not supposed to copy it in the first place, which of course isn't a problem with your VAIO notebook.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
stephanius
Visitor

Any DVD writing software will be able to make a copy or an image of a DVD . I personally like to use 'imgburn' which is free and does the job.

I suspect that the problem in your case is that the DVD movie is copy protected and you are not supposed to copy it in the first place, which of course isn't a problem with your VAIO notebook.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You should have Roxio Easy Media Creator 10 installed on your Vaio as part of the preinstalled software.

This will allow you to copy DVDs and a lot of other things.

However, you cannot copy protected DVDs such as film DVDs.

Roxio10.jpg

:wink:

Chucklede
Visitor

:slight_smile: Hi Blencogo,

Thank you for your prompt response, and thank you for your shared knowledge, however, it is a copy protected film DVD that I was attempting to copy, as if a film DVD gets scratched, then basically im stuffed, and only have an option of purchasing another one, so I thought if I could have a backup copy, then any probs with originals would'nt prove to be as expensive to replace.

Any tips, with this, for educational purposes only, of course!:smileywink:

Regards,

Chucklede.

Chucklede
Visitor

:slight_smile: Thank you Stephanius for your response,

You say it is'nt a problem with my VAIO Notebook - - - - - How please???:smileywink:

Kind Regards

Chucklede.

stephanius
Visitor

Hehe, I meant was that you put "How do i copy a dvd on my vaio VGN-NW20EF?" as subject, while you could have simply put "How do i copy a dvd?" or rather "How do I copy a copy protected DVD movie?".