Join now - be part of our community!

how can i delete a file in created sub folder without deleting it from main folder

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamdown2010
Explorer

how can i delete a file in created sub folder without deleting it from main folder

hi guys

i windows 7 my documents i created a subfolder i called attatchments i which i keep mp3 files.

i have created a subfolder in attatchments called other, and have dragged some selected files over to the new folder (other), i am suprised that the file that i have dragged over still remains in attatchments.

when i try to delete any of the files in the sub of attatchments it also deletes the file in the attatchments folder.

i cant figure this out, never happened in xp.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi jamdown2010,

from reading your post it's sounds like when you dragged the file over you may have created a shortcut to the original ones..:smileyconfused:

If this isn't the case any chance you could upload an image of both of the folders.?

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamdown2010
Explorer

Hi Thalamus

Thanks for your reply.

well! very very odd,while setting up a sequence of events to post screen shots  of, this time it worked ok.

The first normal thing that happened, dragging the file from first folder to the other removed the file from first folder, before that was not happening.

I don't know what was the reason for the previous odd behaviour, maybe shortcuts as you said was created previously, but it working as it should now.

thank you

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Glad you've managed to solve the problem jamdown2010..:smileyhappy: