Join now - be part of our community!

High Definition

tasvaio
Visitor

High Definition

Hi

ive just bought a vaio ar31m laptop and on it, it says FULL HD 1080 but when i go into my screen resolutin setting the maximum resolution is 1440 x 900. what wanted ask was is that the same with your or can you adjust it some how?

thanks

tas

5 REPLIES 5
Visitor

Hi 

ive just bought a vaio ar31m laptop and on it, it says FULL HD 1080 but when i go into my screen resolutin setting the maximum resolution is 1440 x 900. what wanted ask was is that the same with your or can you adjust it some how?

thanks

tas

It can output the 1080 when its connected to a Plasma or LCD TV (around 40-50") The flap on the right side of the computer reveals the HDMI port where you can do this. Theres not many 17" screens these days that can achieve that resolution.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Tony, if you bother to read tasvaio's post, you will see that he has the AR31M and 1920 X 1080 is NOT possible on the laptop screen.

97122769 is giving good advice - 1080 resolution can only be achieved on an external monitor.

You will be giving CVEs a bad name with replies like that.

:triumph:

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

My apologies. The M and S are distinctly different in screen resolutions. BTW Blencogo are we having another meeting soon as I'm wondering why only one of my ideas seems to have been adopted ...by Apple. Oh wait the Blu ray has been split screen advertised showing the difference between the resolutions. On a webpage :laughing: which kinda defeats the purpose. Still at least some ideas are getting done and Faiths pink is now all the rage.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

are we having another meeting soon 

Well overdue in my opinion Tony!!

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Surprised Nico's not done one :wink: