Join now - be part of our community!

HDD problems and cant contact sony!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
kaykaysally
Visitor

HDD problems and cant contact sony!

Hi

Last week my VGN-NS36E all of a sudden died on me. All I got was an operating system not found. For a 2 1/2 year old computer I wasnt impressed. Im living abroad at the moment so took it for repair here they tried all the recovery options and then basically told me I needed as new hard disk which was installed. Problem is all theyve done is reinstall vista none of my original programs on drivers are on here my av mode or mute buttons wont work no software or programs for my motion eye web cam no nothing basically cant even download windows 9 :slight_frown:

Now Im stuck and have no idea what to do I just want my computer back to how it was but (sılly me I have no idea about computers and didn make any recovery dıscs or anything) so Ive been trying to contact sony for days now to ask if I bring it in when Im back in the UK next week could they reinstall everything for me to get it back to its original state but having no luck.

I cant call the 087 number as Im abroad I cant find another number I can contact from abroad and have had no luck locating instant chat (does that even exist on the sony website) or an e-mail adress...please someone help me contact them! before I go mad! :slight_frown:

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will not be able to contact Sony now until next week so I suggest you wait until you return to the UK.

Your Vaio is now out of warranty so you will not be able to use email or the 0870 helpline.  You need to contact Vaio Support on the Out-Of-Warranty premium phoneline and buy a replacement set of Recovery Discs.  This is the only way you will recover the preinstalled software as most programs are not available for download.

There will be a charge for this as you should have made Recovery Discs when you first bought the Vaio - Sony do give several reminders to do this to safeguard against a hard drive failure.  Hard drives still fail quite frequently as they remain liable to damage from knocks and vibration.

Call the premium phoneline 0905 0310006 when you return to the UK as the discs will have to be sent to you by courier.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You will not be able to contact Sony now until next week so I suggest you wait until you return to the UK.

Your Vaio is now out of warranty so you will not be able to use email or the 0870 helpline.  You need to contact Vaio Support on the Out-Of-Warranty premium phoneline and buy a replacement set of Recovery Discs.  This is the only way you will recover the preinstalled software as most programs are not available for download.

There will be a charge for this as you should have made Recovery Discs when you first bought the Vaio - Sony do give several reminders to do this to safeguard against a hard drive failure.  Hard drives still fail quite frequently as they remain liable to damage from knocks and vibration.

Call the premium phoneline 0905 0310006 when you return to the UK as the discs will have to be sent to you by courier.

:thinking:

kaykaysally
Visitor

Thanks for the reply - yes I kind of guessed that I would have to pay because like I said I know I should have made recovery disks but if you read the manual and warnings AFTER the hard disk fails, then this is what happens! Will not make that mistake again  :-S Anyway thanks for the number will try that as soon as I get back hope my problem gets sorted

flogger12345
Visitor

I just got off the phone with their support. Try dialing again. http://imagicon.info/cat/0/1.gif