Join now - be part of our community!

FW41ZJ UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7

SRT-10
Visitor

FW41ZJ UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 7

I have tried upgrading my vaio from windows vista home premium 64bit operating sys. to windows 7 home pre. 64 bit. but once i did it i had problems with connecting to the internet i couldnt connect either by wireless or cable.. i tried to install the drivers but i couldnt find a (VAIO SMART NETWORK) update for the 64bit.. has it got anything to to with this software? is that why im having the problmes? I restored the vista and im using it at the moment. I want to upgrade again but im worried ill face the same problems.. any help will be highly appreciated? Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi SRT-10 and welcome.

You will find an original installable 64-bit version of: -

VAIO Smart Network 32/64 bits 4.97 MB 29/09/2009

on the 'Originally Installed' Tab at the bottom of the download page for the VGN-FW51ZF here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-FW51ZF_H

If you click on the 'Updates' Tab you will find an update: -

VAIO Smart Network - 3.0.3.01220 32/64 bits 5.92 MB 25/02/2010

You must install the original first.

:wink:

SRT-10
Visitor

Thnak you so much for you help. before i go through with the update i have one more doubt.... it shouldnt matter tht mine is FW41ZJ and this update is for the FW51ZF right i checked out the specs and its only the ram and speed i should be fine right? Thanks alot for your help

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Although I have not tried it on your model, I would expect it to be standard for the model type.

I'm afraid I cannot guarantee success so it is down to you in the end but I would be surprised if it is not OK.

:thinking:

SRT-10
Visitor

hey there. I have successfully installed windows 7 and it seems to be working perfectly the only small problems im facing is the S1 buton on the keyboard doesnt seem to be working. have you got any clues? and one more thing ..before upgrading when i used to connect an HDMI cable it used to give me the option of choosing the resolution ( 1080, 760, 720) after upgrading that option is gone. do u have an idea if i need to install a certain driver cause if im not mistaken i think i installed all the drivers and utilities on the page. appreciate your help. Thanks