Join now - be part of our community!

extended for vaio C2Z

mayordomo
Visitor

extended for vaio C2Z

Hi,

I have just bought a vaio VGN C2Z. The battery capacity is weak (like 2 hours when using wifi and surfing on the Internet) so I decided to buy an extended battery... the original battery version of my vaio is VGPBPL2C. I went on www.duracelldirect.com where I bought a generic battery version of the VGPBPL2C (http://www.duracelldirect.com/part_b-5477.aspx?equiv=VGP-BPL2C)

I just got it, it fits perfectly in the laptop, and the laptop even works with it... but after a few seconds a window appears telling me the battery isn't compatible and that the laptop would go into sleep mode after I click on "ok".... strange thing. I went back on sonystyle website and discovered that the model for my laptop was VGPBPL2C.CE7.

My question is : is there any way to "force" the system to accept the generic battery I bought ? Or is there a real incompatibilty ?? On www.battery-biz.com the battery I bought is supposed to work.

Best regards
MASAKI

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mayordomo,

Welcome to Club vaio, :slight_smile:

Have you read this Warning ..?

You could try stopping ISBmgr from starting, as this checks the authenticity of your battery..

Go to start > Run and type MSCONFIG and press OK, go to the start-up tab a deselect ISBmgr, then click Apply and restart your vaio..

When your vaio restarts you should get a warning message, place a tick in the box “don’t show me this message again” and click OK.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi MASAKI and welcome to Club Vaio.

The only way is to stop c:\Program Files\Sony\ISB Utility\ISBMgr.exe from running at startup.

This will be either in your startup program group or a 'run' item in the Registry.

You should be aware that this will also disable other power utilities - and and may invalidate parts of your warranty - to quote Sony: -

For your safety and comfort, we would like to remind you to only use genuine Sony rechargeable battery packs, that meet our quality assurance standards, for your VAIO computer. Furthermore, Sony does not accept any responsibility for any damages or failures caused by third parties' battery packs.

:thinking:

EDIT: Evening Thalamus

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Evening to you too Blencogo.. :slight_smile:

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL@Sony, "for your confort", what? Well my wallet isn't confortable with the prices :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

mayordomo
Visitor

Thanks everyone for your answers,

actually disabling ISBMgr.exe isn't enough... the pop-up window doesn't appear anymore, but the battery still isn't recognized ... I assume Sony added some monitoring system in the Bios or else to prevent customers from buying OEM batteries.

I think i just have to buy the original one at 420 euros... what a shame.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mayordomo,

Try replacing your Sony battery and boot your Vaio then shut down again an insert your new non sony battery.. :thinking:

apierc1
Visitor

If the battery is listed as compatible with your model, then you should be able to return it to where you got it from if it isn't, so at least you will get that money back.

mayordomo
Visitor

thalamus, I don't understand your suggestion.

yes any battery bought on direct-duracell.com can be refunded without any explanation.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

thalamus, I don't understand your suggestion. 

Sorry about that.. [:">]

I hope this makes more sense..?

Do you still have ISBmgr disabled, if so try this..

1, Turn off your Vaio and remove all the batteries..

2, Then place your original sony battery into your Vaio and turn it on..

3, Then shut down your vaio again and remove the sony battery..

4, Put your new extended battery into your Vaio and turn it on..

Do you still get an error message..?