Join now - be part of our community!

CD writing error

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

CD writing error

I have a problem writing files to a CD.

I can send file to the CD (and it gets there), BUT the 'CD writing wizard' will not open when the file is selected and I press copy files to CD, preventing me to write the files to the CD.

Can anyone help on this problem please,

Thank you

Gyron

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gyron,

what burning software are you trying to use.?

Have you tried re-installing the software.?

gyron1
Explorer

Hello Thalamus,

Nice to hear from you again!

The software I am using is simply that which came with Vaio/Windows XP Pro. It has been working fine until recently.

Kind regards,

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The software I am using is simply that which came with Vaio/Windows XP Pro 

Hi Gyron,

Does anything in the following help: Fix a Balky Burner

gyron1
Explorer

Hello Thalamus,

Thank you for your reply and apologies for not replying sooner.

The lead you provided 'asked me' to check my 'DVD/CD-RW Drive (E:) Properties' windows and check whether settings in 'Recording' tab (in above location) were correct - it transpires I have no 'Recording' Tab!

It then suggested that if no 'Recording' tab was visible to check, and if necessary, make changes to my registry. This I did and everything in the registry is in correct location and were set OK, so I made no changes.

In the event that the above failed to resolve the situation, which it did, I was advised to contact other user groups and locations which I have not yet done.

If you think of anything else that might help resolve the problem I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Gyron,

It would be wise to back up your registry first, here is a GUIDE

Then try the FixCD.reg solution which is mentioned on another forum: Recording Tab Missing in Device Manager

I've created the notepad registry fix, FixCD as suggested by JohnWill, and attached it below, however you may want to create the fix yourself.

If you want to use the attached FixCD.reg file then save the registry fix to your desktop and then double click to run.

gyron1
Explorer

Hello Thalamus,

Thank you for your reply & continued help.

Very busy on job at the moment but will try your fix as soon as I get guys of my back!

Please bear with me.

Regards,

Gyron

ps. really getting fed up having to enter name/password etc every time I select forum!

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

No problem Gyron, I'll try to keep an eye out for your reply..

ps. really getting fed up having to enter name/password etc every time I select forum! 

I am equally frustrated, as you can imagine, as I tend to log in several times a day.. :slight_frown:

gyron1
Explorer

Thank you for that Thalamus, greatly appreciated.

Gyron

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Did the fix work Gyron or are you still busy with the job.. :thinking: