Join now - be part of our community!

Cannot use Computer Display Graphics Mode

Cannot use Computer Display Graphics Mode

Hi,

I own a Sony Vaio Z with Power Media Dock. 

So today I installed the new version 15.28.22.64.3517 Intel Chipset. I also installed the AMD Catalyst Driver 14.12. From then on, the following happened:

- The function keys will not work;

- I no longer get a prompt on start up when the dock is plugged in asking me if I would like to switch to Computer Display Mode, which utilises the external GPU;

- On start up the resolution occasionally switches to 800 x 600 and back spontaneously; and

- My wireless card stopped working. 

So I reinstalled the previous chipset drivers (9.0.2) and the previous AMD drivers (11.12). I regained proper screen resolution, wireless card started working again as well as my function keys but I'm still not getting a prompt to switch to computer graphics mode and when I go on display settings by pressing fn+f7 it wont let me click apply or ok to switch to computer display graphics mode. 

I've tried the following:

- reinstalling all the drivers for the function keys (Vaio Events, etc);

- reinstalling the oridinal Intel and AMD Dock drivers; and

- reinstalling the original chipset drivers that came with the laptop.

Can someone please help? This is driving me insane. 

As a side note, steam is refusing to load also. 

Matt

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Matt and welcome.

Unfortunately you do not say exactly which Z-Series Vaio you have and which OS you are using.

Have you tried installing the Hybrid AMD/Intel Graphics driver to allow switching between the two and this is only available for Windows 7 - I don't think Windows 8 is supported.

Here is the Hybrid Graphics Driver for the SVZ1311Z9E - you may need a different version for another model: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/A2DVID-00268409-0042_6306/SVZ1311Z9E

This driver will only install if the Power Media Dock is connected!

Good Luck!

:wink: