Join now - be part of our community!

Camera capture utility programme

profile.country.en_GB.title
jeremy6005
Visitor

Camera capture utility programme

Hi
Had a few probs in the past 'losing' the camera on my VGN AR31M. Lost it again yesterday but downloaded the drivers and all is well with skype and messenger. However, the actual link to the programme is gone and I can't seem to use the camera on it's own! It's not now in the 'all programmes' list where it used to be under Vaio Camera Capture Utility. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance ...

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jeraldo - Happy New Year to you!

Have a look in C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Camera Capture Utility

Is the executable program there? If so, you just need to set up a shortcut but if it is missing, you will need to download and reinstall the latest versuon of VCCU.

:wink:

jeremy6005
Visitor

Hi Blencogo - and happy new year to you to!
Yes - it's there OK. If I set up a shortcut it only goes to the desktop and from there straight back to the programme file and not the programme itself. Does this make sense to you?
What a muppet I am!
Thanks for the speedy response!
Jeraldo

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Right-click on the .EXE file.
Choose 'Send To ....'
Choose 'Desktop (Create Shortcut)'

.......I think!!

EDIT: I'll have to open my AR31S and have a look!!

:slight_frown:

jeremy6005
Visitor

Hi again! My edit crossed with your reply. Same thing - just goes back to the programme file and there's no .exe file I can find in there. Hmmm ...

jeremy6005
Visitor

Ahhhh - more thoughts and explorations. There are two files under the Sony. One is VCCU - latest version but only has the version and VCCU? link. The other is called Vaio Camera Utility (no capture) and is an older version but has more files under it. But still no .exe file. Does this help?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I've got the Vista AR31S open now!!

In C:\Program Files\Sony\VAIO Camera Capture Utility, I do have the executable file "VAIOCameraCaptureUtility.EXE

If I double-click on this the VCCU Window opens and I cn see mu ugly mug.

If you do not have this file, I would download and install the latest VCCU for your model - it is 2.2.03.11150 for mine.

Ignore the VAIO Camera Utility - that is the program which pops up to adjust the camera settings and allows it to work automatically with Skype and Messenger.

jeremy6005
Visitor

Hi again Blencogo
Well - bad news. I had already downloaded the drivers - same version as your's - but tried it again and although the correct version is in the right file, there's only two files in there - the version and the one which takes you to the instructions page. No .exe file.

So it seems that the download and run isn't taking everything it should to the right file. And have done a search but can't find a VCCU file anywhere else.

Any further thoughts?

Jeraldo

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Jeraldo,

All I can think is that all these recent Versions are updates which need the original VCCU to be installed first.

I think you are going to need to check in Control Panel -> Programs & Features if VCCU is installed - if it is uninstall it. Don't unisnstall the Vaio Camera Utility.

Download the Original Utilities Package AR3_Utilities.zip from Vaio-Link here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/updates/updates.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN-AR&m=2525

When downloaded (sorry it's 125MB), right-click on AR3_Utilities.Zip and choose "Extract All". Choose to extract to C:\ and the Utilities will be extracted to a new file C:\Utils.

Browse to C:\Utils\Utils Installer VAIO Camera Capture Utility and double-click on Setup.EXE to install the original VCCU.

When this is installed, then download the following two from the same download page and install: -

Microsoft Hotfix Package KB931812
VAIO Camera Capture Utility 2.2.03.11150

If that doesn't work - I give up!!!

:smileyd_oh:

jeremy6005
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

Well, it's not there in the programmes and features which is a clue, I guess! I will carry on tomorrow as it's getting late now and let you know how it goes. Many thanks for your assistance so far and - fingers crossed!!

Jeraldo