Join now - be part of our community!

Broken screen on ar61m - which screen do I need?

profile.country.en_GB.title
rarnik
Visitor

Broken screen on ar61m - which screen do I need?

Hi Everyone,  This is my first post here and it's because I managed to crack the screen on my Vaio ar61m.  I've managed with it for some time but the lines have slowly crept across the screen and I the price has finally come down a bit on the screens for sale.  The question is, which one do I need?

Firstly, I 'm sure that my screen is matte through looking at pictures, no sheen at all, and I want to keep that.  When I looked on the internet for screens plenty of people say they are selling xblack screens but they are just generic ones with a similar technology I think.  Most screens for the ar61m are gadvertised as glossy.

Question - Who makes official screens for Vaio, or do they differ from model to model?  LG Philips comes up a lot on searches for spares.

Question - there seems to be different screen types for the ar61m alone.  Glossy. matte - that problem is sorted, then there are ccfl1 and ccfl 2 bulb.  How do I know which one to get?  Do I have to take my screen out to find out as there appears to be no standard type?  Once I do that I have no screen.

Final question, there seem to be a lot of spare glossy screens from ar61m's flying around.  On personal preference which screen do you use and why on your laptop?

Cheers ahead of time and hears hoping for some replies!

All the best Robert

0 REPLIES 0