Join now - be part of our community!

blue screen

TennisBen
Visitor

blue screen

my new sony cr 21s/l is blue screening sometimes and i dont know why i have tryed re installing vista and that has not solved it can any one help from Ben Hillier
ty :thinking:

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Ben and welcome to Club Vaio.

I presume it doesn't do it every time you start your Vaio. If it does try a full factory reset by tapping F10 at the very first Vaio Logo screen after you start the Vaio.

If you can open Vista sometimes, you will need to get the full error message displayed on the Blue Screen. As this disappears a bit too quickly to get all the information, turn off the automatic restart facility: -

1. Click Start button.
2. From Start menu Click Control panel.
3. In Control Panel Click the System icon.
4. In the System Window look on the Left hand side of the window and you will see a list of options. Click on the Advanced System Settings option.
5. Because Computer management requires administrative privileges you may find the User Account Control will pop up. If it does then enter the required information (if you are not the administrator) or, if you are the administrator, click the Continue button.
6. In the Advanced Settings window look for the Startup and Recovery section and then Click the Settings button.
7. In the Startup and recovery window look for the section marked System failure and remove the 'tick' mark from the 'Automatically Restart' option. Now press the OK button.
8. Finally click the OK button on the System properties Window and then close the system window.

Come back with the error codes. You may wish to look in your error logs to see if any details are given there.

:thinking:

TennisBen
Visitor

ok next time it happens i will tell u what it says probs tommorrow
ty

profile.country.en_GB.title
tonybeard
Explorer

Blencogo is as usual right on the money but as a complientary suggestion. I recently had BSOD problems because of a new sidebar clock. Try disabling the sidebar for a while and see if that is causing the problem especially if you have had the google sidebar installed at some stage.

TennisBen
Visitor

ty u sorted it ty so much i was gonna take me sony vaio cr back