Join now - be part of our community!

Blue Ray DVD is not recognised anymore

mhexspoor
Visitor

Blue Ray DVD is not recognised anymore

I tried to contact Sony support by Email, without success - NO answer within 4 weeks from them...
I'm using VGX-TP3S/B and had until 2 months ago never a problem with the Blue Ray player (WinDVD Version 8). I update my system always through Vaio Update.
Currently my desktop does not recogniseBlue Ray DVD's at all - DVD which were working fine before are not recognised anymore.The cmoputer shows, that there is NO DVD, but I have one inside the desktop.???
Normal DVD's and CD's are working fine.
Is that a software issue? - I really don't know anymore were to look and search...it's just very annoying that there is no support from Sony whatsoever for this issueI'm happy for any hints here!
Thanks
Marc :thinking:

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Marc,

What version of WinDVD BD do you have installed? The latest version was designed to fix a similar problem.

What Blu-Ray drive do you have fitted?

To check the Version of WinDVD BD, right-click on the WinDVD window and choose SETUP. Check the DVD Region is 2 and the Blu-Ray Region is set to B. Click on the INFO Tab to see the installed version.

:thinking:

mhexspoor
Visitor

I've got "8.0 DXVA B20.169" - region setttings are correct

Drive: Optiarc BD ROM BC-5500A ATA Device.

I used Vaio installer and have installed hier version BC-5500A 1.7f. After installing this version "updater" requiered the version 1.7e....after that the system requiered 1.7f.....and after this 1.7e again...never ending story..

thanks again

adski_uk
Visitor

I'm having a similar problem, but it's only effecting the Avatar Blu Ray, all others seem to play fine but Avatar doesn't even show as having a disc in the drive.

Upgraded the drive firmware to 1.f but also keep getting 1.e offered, then 1.f, then 1.e.

Running WINDVD .185 but as the drive's not seeing the disc it can't be related to WinDVD

Ad

adski_uk
Visitor

If you're not seeing any Blu Rays then I read on the web that you could try cleaning the lens. I did seem to have that problem and gave it a blow over with a lens blower then a gentle wipe with a soft cloth, that cured the problem for all but the Avatar disc.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There is a newer version of WinDVD available.

Check on Vaio Update for WinDVD BD Update 8.0.20.185

:wink:

There is a newer version of WinDVD available.

Check on Vaio Update for WinDVD BD Update 8.0.20.185

:wink:

Blencogo,
I have a few issues and reading your excellent replies I have found another problem.
I do not have WIN dvd now after clean install. Where can I download it please?