Join now - be part of our community!

Black Vertical Lines Either Side of Screen...Help!

profile.country.en_GB.title
broroger
Visitor

Black Vertical Lines Either Side of Screen...Help!

Hello!  I am on a business trip in Poland and I need my laptop. I have a black vertical line up and down both sides of my screen (as if it is making a large margin). I tried adjusting the aspect ratio, etc., but can't figure out how to remove them. I have also restarted the computer twice. This is making my small screen even smaller so I would be grateful for a solution.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

What model Vaio do you have?  Are you using the original Sony Operating System?

What graphics driver do you have installed? It sounds like the screen has defaulted to VGA mode and your graphics driver may not be installed properly.

Look in Device Manager -> Display Adapters and check that your Graphics Adapter is installed correctly.

If you are using Windows 7 have a look at this tutorial on setting screen resolutions: -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-your-screen-resolution

:thinking:

broroger
Visitor

What a lovely response...thank you.  I have a VGN-TZ31WN.  I checked the Adapter and it says that it is installed correctly. All of my products are official products.  The resolution is fine, but thank you for the information.  :slight_smile:

broroger
Visitor

Graphics says: MobileIntel(R)945GM/GU Express Chipset Family. I tried to update it and it says that it is currently up to date.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

Adjust the slider until you find 1366 x 768

Good Luck!!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry - that is for Windows 7.

For Vista Business:

1. Open Display Settings by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, clicking Personalization, and then clicking Display Settings.

2. Under Resolution, move the slider to the resolution you want (1366 X 768), and then click Apply.

:anguished:

emmmcelh
New

Thankyou, I tried your advice and it worked perfectly, Thankyou very much you are very clever!

emmmcelh
New

I mean the one that said change the thing on the slider