Join now - be part of our community!

Bioshock on Nvidia 8400 GT?

Scrubjockey
Visitor

Bioshock on Nvidia 8400 GT?

Has anybody had any luck getting Bioshock running on a VGN-AR41M, or any of the laptops that come with an Nvidia 8400M chipset for that matter? All I get is as far as the planecrash, the game logo and then it crashes. I suspect it has to do with the Nvidia drivers not currently up to date but am curious whether anyone else is experiencing this problem or is it just myself.

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

I've run Bioshock without any problems on the Ar31S

GrosTony
Visitor

I everybody

Here's my feedback of the driver upgrade with the method written on this thread...

Very good! All the games I tried are all much better. Team Fortress 2 is so beautiful.

But i still don't understand why Nvidia does not release an official driver for the 8400M GT. It could do the happiness of a thousand of owners.

:cool:

Visitor

Instead of new drivers, goto

- Games folder in the start menu.
- Right click on Bioshock
- Click `run as DX9` tab.

I had the same problem on my FZ11Z, but the above fixed this. Downloading those drivers messes up other games (BF2142 etc).

V.Syn

shabba1000
Visitor

I am having a problem with my 8400M GT and counterstrike. People seem to go grey/white in the distance and it becomes impossible to tell what team they are on. There are no drivers available to fix this, what do i do!?