Join now - be part of our community!

White light effect during dark scenes

tanbir17

White light effect during dark scenes

I've got a problem with the TV, during dark/night scenes the tv screen lights up a white shade of light. For example if it's a night scene and there is a table light in the background everytime the camera changes angle with the table light in the background the tv displays a white shade of light, then this turns off when the angle changes.

Also when watching movies, during the dark scenes the bottom black banner is always darker than the top banner?

Picture is perfect during daylight scenes.

Can anyone help. I have tried resseting the tv settings and still no luck. May have to orgnaise an exchange...

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

For the first problem about white shades of light - Goto your picture settings > Advanced Settings and turn off (or down) some of the processing.  Such as Adv. Contrast Enhancer, Auto Light Limiter, Clear White.

In regards to the black banners/border - I am assuming that you are also watching this in a dark room?  This shows up some of the back lighting.  To assist and help in this, you can buy a strip of LED Biased Lighting.  Just search Amazon or Google for products (they are relatively cheap).  You simply stick it on the back of the TV with double sided tape and some are powered via the usb port.

Hope that helps

Cheers

tanbir17

It has helped a little but the black has now turned slightly greyish. Not very happy, I think its a faulty tv set. Going to arrange a replacement. Do they still make 55w805a?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there

I don't know if they are still making 2013 models, however I very much doubt it to be honest.  Please let us know how you get on in regards to a replacement or repair. :wink:

Cheers

profile.country.en_GB.title
hcr_hassen

I suspect it's not faulty, it's probably just a normal LCD with its non-impressive blacks.

When dynamic contrast is on, the backlight is turned down in dark scenes but there can be unwanted light level fluctuations. When it's off, the backlight level is constant. Blacks aren't as black, but there are no fluctuations.

You can try tweaking the backlight level, and other settings, but for true black you'll need a plasma display, OLED, or an LCD display with FALD/local dimming, which isn't as good usually.