Join now - be part of our community!

Very disappointed with Sony (no PLEX on TV 48R550c)

profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

Very disappointed with Sony (no PLEX on TV 48R550c)

After having 2 Xperia mobile phones which I think they are really the best mobiles in the market I have bought this Sony TV to replace my old Samsung.

Unfortunately it doesn't have PLEX on Opera TV Store which I don't understand why and I believe is a big mistake from Sony.

Bottom line, I will never buy a Sony TV again and I will return this one and buy a Samsung instead.

Very dissapointed with Sony.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you (at least with your expectations...): the R series is the very basic model of Sony TV and you should have been warned/informed that the Smart functionalities are very limited...

Anyway, being plex a DLNA server you can still watch your media file without the app but through the DLNA device that you should see in your device list...

profile.country.GB.title
bruno.miguel.leal
Explorer

We have to agree to disagree. I see other R series supported by Plex and additionally, the basic models of Samsung support Plex. The entry level 48'' with wifi support plex. I know the DLNA server is available but it's not the same beautiful interface, not even close. Either way, since my 2009 Samsung TV supported Plex I would say that this Sony has all the necessary specs to do so too. Thanks for the reply. Regards, Bruno
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I'm in any case sorry that you were not satisfied, if you didn't know it before or were told you would find it in your new TV it's your right I thing to change to another product.