Join now - be part of our community!

Streaming video - formats??

profile.country.GB.title
pethumph1
New

Streaming video - formats??

I have a Bravia KDL 32 403. I am trying to stream media from my MyBook World Edition. I have tried MP4 formats and AVI DivX and though both are recognised by my PS3 neither are recognised by the Bravia.

Also when I stream to PS3 it is very 'jumpy'. It only plays a second or so before stopping. I understood that both are capible of 100Mbps so do not understand why this would occur. Could you please advise, if you know and would I have this same issue streaming directly to the TV?

Thank you for any help.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Are you connecting the drive directly to the devices or is it connected to a PC which is connected to the network?

Jumpiness can be caused by buffering problems somewhere. Are you playing back very high resolution videos? Do they still skip when you copy them to the PS3 HDD and playback from there?

Kingcong
Visitor

Div X playback is supported on the 403, but only on usb playback , cannot be streamed from a media hub.

shahid.spm
Visitor

My set-up is 46NX713 & WD MyBook World Edition NAS.

Since the media server on the NAS (Twonky) does not transcode, I found that you have to make sure the video files are in exactly the correct format that Twonky will recognise to pass through to the TV (and that the TV can natively play).

I re-encoded my videos - now all are streaming ok (up to 1080p !!). Here's the tool I used and the important settings.

Tool : MediaCoder

Important Settings :

Video Format : H.264 , Level : 4.1

Audio : AC3

Container : MPEG-TS

Hopefully that will help you!

Regards

S

PS : I also have a ps3 - NAS, TV, PS3 are all connected @100Mbps via netgear router. No issues with playback, so can't help with that one