Join now - be part of our community!

sony_tvupdate_2010_0499_eul_.zip

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mekismo
Visitor

sony_tvupdate_2010_0499_eul_.zip

Is it just me or does this file not download properly?

I'm trying to update my Bravia KDL-40EX603 to the above firmware which was released 18/4/11, i've got it connected to the internet via a lan cable but the TV isn't updating automatically, and i can't force it to update.

So i figured i'd download it to a usb dongle and do it manually....but everytime i download the so called 36mb file it downloads in half a second and says its finished but has only download 200kb or so of data. When i open the zip file it gives me an error. Anyone else having this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Addojo36
Visitor

Hello,

For me it is O.K. downloaded  36Mb in 1 minute.

I am using PC with windows XP.

Ad

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Addojo36
Visitor

Hello,

For me it is O.K. downloaded  36Mb in 1 minute.

I am using PC with windows XP.

Ad

Mekismo
Visitor

Cheers for the reply. For some reason it wouldn't download to my documents, so i changed it to my desktop and worked straight away. No idea why it wouldn't download to documents as i don't have any conflicting files etc.

Edit: Still getting an error when opening the file. And now it won't download again......sigh

Message was edited by: Mekismo

Addojo36
Visitor

Hello Mekismo,

Sorry don't understand what you mean by opening file process as follows

1. Download file to desktop (Size 36Mb)

2. Unzip file to desktop

3. Move unzipped file to USB (root) - not in another folder

No need to open file

Do you get this far?

Ad

Mekismo
Visitor

Yeah i understand the process as i have updated the TV this way before. However for some reason whenever I download the file it's obviously downloading a corrupt version or something. Because when i open the zip file i get an error.

I've attached some images to show what i mean.

Now everytime i try to download the file it downloads some 200kb thing in 1 second no matter what location on my hard drive i select. I've even tried downloading straight onto my USB dongle but that failed also. It's as if either the server thinks the file is only 200kb or so, or my PC thinks the file is already downloaded.

Addojo36
Visitor

Hello,

OK, just wanted to make sure the instructions were not the problem.

I know it may sound stupid, but this is the link I used (Should be same) however just in case

http://support.sony-europe.com/tvhc/downloads/downloads.aspx?site=odw_en_GB&f=FW_Bravia4099L&ch=7&m=...

If this doesn't work, it may be worth clearing cache on your PC and trying again.

Mekismo
Visitor

Yeah thats the link i was downloading from. I've also cleared the cache and it still don't work.

Going to give up, can't be bothered with the irratation of it all.