Join now - be part of our community!

Sony KDL42W829 media player help

Kopite76
Explorer

Sony KDL42W829 media player help

Since the last software update I've been having problems with the media player for example sometimes it just keeps thinking about it but doesn't open the media player other times it opens but as soon as I click on a file screen goes black then back to the files no buttons on the remote will do anything then the TV reboots. I can attach a usb device and the automatic do you want to open doesn't come on screen. Iv removed any files I put on the device before the issues started and also scanned the drive with anti virus software. None of this worked so did a factory reset and it still happens. Oh the 1st time it happened I saw something pop on screen saying boot error consult I manual as some apps may not work. Couldn't find anything in there! Tv is only 3 weeks old and the sub drive is not much older. Can anyone advise on this or is there a way to go back to the previous firmware?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have been pondering your problem today, unfortunately I cannot see anyway to resolve this via the forums.  As you have done a factory reset, as well as having rather weird issues - boot error - I think it might be best to contact Sony Support and report the problem - they should be able to help you - however be prepared for the initial questions of "have you done a factory reset" etc.

https://shop.sony.eu/shop/mimes/openAccess/legal/contact-us/contact_en_GB.html

Cheers

EDIT: PS, there is no way to roll-back the firmware to a previous version.