Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia - HDMI reliability issues

profile.country.GB.title
Geoff.C
Explorer

Sony Bravia - HDMI reliability issues

I have a Bravia KDL-24W605A TV.

It receives normal TV signals through a digital aerial brilliantly.

However reliable connection through HDMI is problematic and I could do with ome help please.

I have an Apple TV (2nd Gen) attached through HMDI1, and a Virgin Media TiVo box attached through HDMI2.

Both devices work flawlessly on other TV sets.

On the Sony, the devices work fine for the first 30 seconds or so, and then the screen starts to flicker and break up from the bottom, resulting in blinking pictures for about 30 seconds, before I lose the signal all together. Occasionally, the picture does return for a while, bt this is not reliable.

The only fix I have found is to un-plug the HDMI cable and re-insert. This is not ideal.

I have played with the settings in the TV as far as I can, and have set the HDMI channels to always be enabled.

On one occasion, I managed to get the TV setup so that the signals wer stable (can't remember how I did that). However the next automatic software update knocked things out again, and the problm re-appeared.

I have played with the HDMI output settings from the Aplle TV and TiVo box and made sure that they are set to a resolution and frequency supported by the TV (720/60p in the case of the Apple TV, and 1080/60p in the case of the TiVo box) - this makes no difference.

I am certain that I read about this problem elsewhere on the web, problem is I cannot find that link now. Can anyone help or offer a suggestion please ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

All this suggests that its either the HDMI cable/s itself or they are not properly connected.  Are you able to try a HDMI cable that you know definately works on something else (or a new one - especially if the HDMI cables are of an older type).

Have you always had this problem since you got the TV - or did it work properly at one time?

Also try disabling "Bravia Sync" as this is the name Sony uses for HDMI-CEC functions - may help

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Geoff.C
Explorer

Thanks for the advice.

Sony Bravia Sync is disabled, and I have tried different cables.

All with no effect.

This has been an issue with the TV straight from the box unfortunately.

Begining to think I have a duff piece of kit !

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Reading back through what you have wrote - Im going to have to agree with you!  My advice is to contact the retailer you purchaed it from.

Good luck with everything and please do let us know how you get on.

Cheers