Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia Getting stuck in one channel

profile.country.BR.title
regirosa
New

Sony Bravia Getting stuck in one channel

Hi all, 

I am having a problem with my new TV Sony Bravia KD-65X7052, every time that I tune my digital I get stuck in one channel a can even turn the TV off in and the only solution is take the Aerial cable out of the TV and unplug the TV from the socket to kind of restart the TV. I checked the aerial signals and I found that was too weak, so I decided to by an aerial Signal Booster, I am getting a better signal now (100%) however the TV still getting stuck. Has anyone experienced something similar? It could be a TV problem?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi regirosa,

Amplifying the signal doesn't improve the signal quality - it only boosts the signal level.

I would suggest to check if the signal quality can be improved before amplifying it.

Anyway, you might want to check if your TV runs the latest firmware before taking the above action:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/lcd-tvs-x70xx-series/kd-65x7052/downloads/00016881

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.BR.title
regirosa
New

Hi Betreff, 

Apparently the update sorted the frozen problem. Now I need to check how can I improve my signal quality. Signal level is 100% but signal quality is vary between 20% and 80%.

tks for your help so far.

cheers