Join now - be part of our community!

Single on-screen audio output for Sony AG9 OLED TV and Sony surround sound system

Shelby-65
New

Single on-screen audio output for Sony AG9 OLED TV and Sony surround sound system

TV volume 16 but AV system 12 - why showing both?TV volume 16 but AV system 12 - why showing both?TV volume 14 but AV system 11 - why showing both?TV volume 14 but AV system 11 - why showing both?Hi there,

Newbie here so apologies if this is the wrong area. I recently bought my superb Sony AG9 and have now connected my old Sony DAV-DZ260 surround sound system to it. All is well apart from the fact that when I adjust the volume, both the AV system and TV volume are displayed at the same time but the volume levels are not synced. If the volume levels between the two devices are too far apart then I achieve lip sync issues. Audio System setting has been selected on the TV.

I’ve read the online manual but still no luck so hoping it’s something small and obvious, and you guys can help me please?

My surround system was previously connected to my Sony KDL-37EX503 TV which once BRAVIA synced to the AV system meant that only the volume from the AV system controlled the TV which is how I want the AG9 to work.

Also, would experts recommend using the AG9 TV centre speakers or continue with the traditional centre speaker from the surround sound system?

Your support would be mostly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rav

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Rav,

You shouldn't worry about the shown numbers. They're an result of different scales of the volume bars.

In terms of centre speaker I would prefer to use the TVs speaker since the voice is then coming from the location where the actors are.

Cheers

Peter