Join now - be part of our community!

Settings Keep Defaulting Back To Original Every 20 Minutes

profile.country.en_GB.title
japhill7644
Visitor

Settings Keep Defaulting Back To Original Every 20 Minutes

Hello,

We have just bought the Sony Bravia KDL-40HX703U.  When I go to Options and change the picture from 'Vivid' to 'Standard', within 20 minues it has defaulted back to Vivid ... Also, when watching a film, if I press the scene button on the remote and choose 'Cinema' within 20 minutes it has defaulted back to 'General'.

Can anybody please help? This is driving me mad!

Thanks in advance .... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.hr_HR.title
DamacizSi
Visitor

Try factory reset.

1. MENU[home]-SETINGS-SYSTEM SETINGS-GENERAL SET UP-FACTORY RESET

2. MENU[home]-SETINGS- SYSTEM SETINGS-AUTO START UP

If Bravia ask for pin code after reset su use 9999.

Regards

Damac

profile.country.en_GB.title
Pcadjb
Visitor

Hello,

This sounds like your set is in shop mode, when TV is in shop mode in order to reset the TV back to factory default, the TV set will automatically reset itself if the remote is not used for some time (I think around 5 minutes or so).

As mentioned in other reply on remote commander

MENU[home]-SETTINGS- SYSTEM SETINGS-AUTO START UP

Make sure you select "Home" not "Shop" mode.

If it asks you do you want to "Auto tune" again, select no or skip.

Sorry I don't have a HX703, but this should be similar on most models.

Hope it helps.

Paul-1962
New

Model Sony XBR-49X900E I have, new for 2017, the change needed was in remote "home", "settings", "retail mode settings", "picture and sound settings", turn off "picture reset mode" which includes sound.  I was using Vivid image, but the sound adjustments  would not stay on, I "finally" read this post, I had already done a factory reset, the several updates, without the setting change you can't hear voices clearly in movies at all.  It was driving me crazy.   The Ultra HD 4K TV tells you are in picture reset mode, but, I liked Vivid for movies (bright colors) used in store demo's I read.  I only noticed reset to sound, repeatedly, during a movie, after a pause, or, returning to a movie, each time you opened or closed an app in SmartTV for video.

profile.country.EE.title
Sam444
New

Change your shop/demo mode to home mode.

Steps are as follows;

1)Press the "HOME" button 

2)Then Come to "Settings" ,then "System settings" 

3)Press "OK"

4)Come to "Set-up"

5)Then "Auto-setup"

6)Then tap on "Yes"

8)Choose your locality

9)Change to Home mode and press Ok

10)Then press skip