Join now - be part of our community!

Relocation, New firmware ?

Relocation, New firmware ?

Hi there,

I am an owner of Sony Bravia Model of KDL-46NX703 and recently relocated to Far East. 

I understand this model is Europe specific model and it's latest firware is PKG4.118EUN-0108.

Due to content copy right and other factor in this country, I am hardly able to use key content of Bravia. 

I have noticed that this KDL-46NX703 model hadn't market in this country and they sold 46NX700 and 46NX710 only. In the meantime, They offer PKG5.051AAS firmware for NX700 and NX710 which offer varous local content via its contract with local content providers. 

Do you think its OK to install this PKG5.051AAS version of firmware with NX703 model ?

Thanks in advance for yor kind advices!!

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sorry for the delayed response.  I have no idea what would happen or even IF it would install.  I therefore suggest contacting Sony Support in your local country for advice.

Cheers

Thanks Quinnicus, 

Indeed, that's the reason why I post a question since I was not sure what would happen if I install another firmware. 

I had contacted customer support in this country and they said I should not to do as my model (NX703) has not been marketed in this country. 

Ahhh!!

I think my NX703 is just LCD TV. No value for connectivities as most of content is not available here as it keep saying content is not available as I am out of UK. 

Thank you anyway!