Join now - be part of our community!

Question: Can I plug my KDL-32EX403 directly into my (Virgin) ntl 250 modem or do I need a router as well?

profile.country.en_GB.title
robhurn
Visitor

Question: Can I plug my KDL-32EX403 directly into my (Virgin) ntl 250 modem or do I need a router as well?

Question: Can I plug my KDL-32EX403 directly into my (Virgin) ntl 250 modem or do I need a router as well

2 REPLIES 2
geohill74
Visitor

As long as your NTL 250 modem has an ethernet port (I believe it has 1), then you should be able to connect your TV directly. However, you may want to get a switch (rather than a router), to extend the number of available ethernet ports so that you can plug in TV and a PC.

robhurn
Visitor

Thanks for your help on this. This helped a lot and I finally got i-Player working on the TV. I was trying the whole thing out before I considered how to get the signal from the modem to the TV for day-to-day use, so I was unplugging the ethernet cable from the modem to the PC, and plugging it in to the TV instead. One tip for anyone else doing similar- the modem needs re-setting (by pulling out the power cable) each time you plug in something different.