Join now - be part of our community!

PS3 to Bravia KDL-37EX401 HDMI 1080p problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
anthonyevans
Visitor

PS3 to Bravia KDL-37EX401 HDMI 1080p problem

I have spent endless hours trawling forums to help me to get my PS3 to display 1080p on my Sony Bravia KDL-37EX401 through the HDMI 1.3 cable. It will only display 576p!!!!

Things I have tried:-

1. 5 second hold for power and 2 beep thing, then when selecting best output on startup the screen flickers to 1080p and 'out of range' flickers and then only eventually displays 576p

2. Tried settings on TV. TV cannot even detect a HDMI component attached?!?!

3. Tried the attaching through AV (scart) and HDMI at same time solution. Does not display anything through AV!!!!!

4. Updated firmware on both the TV and PS3

Why haven't Sony tested their products interacting with each other? This is an extremely poor show.

I'm almost in tears now!!! Please someone help!

Thanks,

Anthony

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi Anthony,

Does you Ps3 output 1080p on another TV?

Thanks

anthonyevans
Visitor

Hi Catmamabe,

Thanks for your quick response. Have just tried on my brothers older Sony TV and it gets to 1080i.

Thanks for help,

Anthony

Catmambo
Contributor

Depending on the older Tv spec  - (totally possibly that it can only do 1080i) , sounds like the fault may lie with the EX401. I'm guessing you don't have another 1080p source you can try like a standalone Blu-ray player, just to confirm. SO I'd just give your local sony service centre a buzz and get them to have a look at it. The TV should be still under warranty and they are usually pretty snappy in repairing them.

Hope this helps - oh and for the record, we do absolutely test the buggery out of our products :wink:

thanks

Message was edited by: Catmambo

KDL-22PX300
Visitor

Have you ever had a HD device working on the EX401

Have tried connecting PC to TV to test HD resolution.

Is the PS3 connected direct to the TV - not through a switch box.

The PS3 can output two signals at once. I had S-Video and HDMI running to two separate displays - before the machine went the way of YLOD  (but I digress)