Join now - be part of our community!

Music in alphabetical not track order

profile.country.en_GB.title
chapman42
Visitor

Music in alphabetical not track order

Hi

I can successfully stream music across my LAN to my new Bravia TV, and can see all the music, including artist, album etc, but the tracks within albums are displayed in alphabetical order, not track order. I am using Vista and WMP 11. Is there a way to change this in either my PC or the Bravia TV?

Ta

2 REPLIES 2
_simo_
Visitor

Hi,

- Open the Home menu and navigate to Music.

- Open a folder for an Album then choose Options on the remote.

- A sidebar opens on the right-hand side of the screen.

- There should be an option to Restore Defaults or Default Order (or something like that - not at telly right now), alongside sort by name and sort by date.  Choose this option.

I found this put the tracks in track order for me.  Stumbled across it the other day.  (I don't know if it's looking at the Track Number in the MP3 tag or just the MP3 filename.)

This has been a grumble of mine for a while.  It's totally unintuitive, but given the usability of other parts of my Bravia TV, I'm not surprised.  The picture is great, but the usability is woeful.

Hope that helps.

chapman42
Visitor

Yep that did it! Thanks very much.

Shame it screws up the artist order in the folder lists, but I can live with that.

I also got a  BDP-S370, and when that is connected to the network, you don't get the option to sort the music at all. So re-connected the Bravia to the network (don't have enough ports on our hub for everything!), and all is well.