Join now - be part of our community!

KDL46EX724 problem: "No signal" on HD-channels, if home theater is on.

profile.country.fi_FI.title
Jiipee785
Visitor

KDL46EX724 problem: "No signal" on HD-channels, if home theater is on.

Everything works perfectly with combination KDL46EX724  + Sony BDV-IZ1000W.

Until I turn the TV on some HD-channel. I get "No signal" after a few seconds. Every time. If I turn the home theater off, the "No signal" message disappears and I can see the HD-channels. But of course without home theater sound :slight_frown:

If I try to tune the channels while the home theater is on and connected, the television does not find any HD-channels, but finds all the other channels. If I turn the home theater off while tuning, the TV finds also HD-channels.

I can *kinda* solve the problem by NOT using ARC-port on *home theater end*, but one of two other ports + an optical sound cable. This way I can see all the TV-channels, including HD-channels, and hear the sound from home theater-system. BUT as soon as I need to watch for example a Blueray-disk, I must change the HDMI-cable back to ARC, because the other 2 ports are inly IN-ports.

Is this a known problem and does a fix exist for this?

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.en_GB.title
pawhitt57
Visitor

I've just got a BDVE-380.CEK cinema to go with my KDL-40EX703, both of which have ARC support, and I'm having exactly the same problem that when I turn the cinema system on, the tv displays 'no signal' and there is no sound, no picture etc, but I can still get the tv guide etc on the tv, so the signal seems to be being distorted by the cinema system. I've checked all the settings, and all appears correct.

Likewise, any suggestions would be most welcome

Jiipee785
Visitor

Yes, I have also checked all the settings and I am 100% certain they are all correct.

profile.country.GB.title
jtonline.info
New

Have you checked to see if the TV has the latest firmware version loaded?  Applying the latest version might not fix the problem but I think it would be worth a try.

Jiipee785
Visitor

Yes, both: The home theater and TV have most recent firware.

profile.country.GB.title
jtonline.info
New

A bit of a long shot, but pehaps there is electro magnetic radiation from the HDMI lead degrading certain UHF frequencies when you're using the audio return channel.  Can you try re-routing the HDMI lead so that it doesn't pass near the aerial lead, or try an HDMI lead from a different manufacturer, ideally one that meets v1.4 specification?

Jiipee785
Visitor

Trying a better HDMI-cable might be a good idea. I just ordered one, will probably get it next week.

Jiipee785
Visitor

OK, I bought the best possible 1.4 cable. No help :slight_frown:

Jiipee785
Visitor

I tested that too and I can confirm that also with my TV the TV-guide works.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi, maybe try a factory reset on both devices? Might be some kind of glitch which can normally be flushed by resetting everything, especially if you are now on the latest firmware..

Details in the Smart TV FAQ on the front page of this forum. Do post back..

Thanks