Join now - be part of our community!

KDL42W653 Distortion Xbox 360 1080p HDMI

Jestahr
New

KDL42W653 Distortion Xbox 360 1080p HDMI

I'm having a problem with my Sony 42W653A

If I use HDMI with my Xbox360 I get really bad blue distortion/lines/dots in 1080p particularly on deep blacks. It works via HDMI in all other resolutions but 1080p gives these horrible blue distortions especially on blacks.

I've tested both HDMI ports and two seperate cables. I've also attached two of my PC's to the TV via HDMI in 1080p and there is no problem.

I've tried attaching the Xbox 360 to my Iiyama PC monitor via HDMI and 1080p works fine. I've also attached the xbox 360 to the sony W6 via component and it works fine in 1080p like that.

So as you can imagine I'm completely stumped. I have no way of working out what is faulty as both the Xbox and the TV are working in 1080p with other hardware, just not via HDMI 1080p with eachother.

I'm using an old white xbox 360 60gb premium, one of the first with HDMI I believe. I noticed playing with color settings on the xbox redcued the problem somewhat, but not completely.

This was a refurb 42W653, and is completely mint condition, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed or banding noticeable - so I'm of course worried it may have a HDMI issue all along.

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

On the face of things, I cannot see anything wrong, as you have done all the usual problem solving steps.  I would therefore think that it "might" be a minor setting issue on the Xbox itself.  Although you have not tested the Xbox on another TV, but on a monitor and this might make a difference.

Having a look at the manual : HERE, try changing the "Color Space" to "TV RGB".  Also try experimenting with color depth.

Hope that helps.