Join now - be part of our community!

? KDL-40EX713 wired connection?

profile.country.en_GB.title
smokingman
Visitor

? KDL-40EX713 wired connection?

Hi to you all

I have just purchaced the above TV, the problem is that it will not connect to the wired network. The sony DVD player BDP-S370 will connect with the same cable etc no problem and display this through the TV. THe TV reconises that it is plugged into a cable

the following is what is displayed:

Cable Connection        OK

local Access               Failed

Internet Access           Failed

Can anyone help?

THanks

John

5 REPLIES 5
wetsleet
Visitor

Have you tried restarting the router? Also check there are no rules/filters in the router which would block the TV's IP address or MAC address. Look in the router and check it has issued an IP address to the TV.

smokingman
Visitor

IP address isued for TV 192.168.x.x and a MAC address of tv is listed but no host name. All other devices inc DVD player have host name, ip address and MAC address

DVD player ip is with in range of all devices, infact it is two up from tv but within my allocated range of 10 ip addresses.

router reset. may change the fly lead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope this helps

Catmambo
Contributor

Your router is blocking it somehow as they are simple plug and play devices. Maybe try tweaking some router settings, but to be honest, its going to be very hard to troubleshoot as every router is different.

Thanks

wetsleet
Visitor

the obvious place to look in the router are:

MAC Address filtering (just spotted my router has two of these, wired and wireless)

IP Client Filtering

In my Belkin router they look like this, as attached

Mac Address.JPG

IP Client.JPG

Message was edited by: wetsleet

Message was edited by: wetsleet

smokingman
Visitor

Problem solved!!!!!!

Flashed a update to the router it was only .2 of a rev out but it made a differance.

All now works.